Scott Minerd, Chairman of Investments and Global CIO, and our Macroeconomic and Investment Research Group analyze in 10 annotated charts the global macroeconomic trends we believe are most likely to shape the investment environment in 2017. Among our major themes:
- The combination of tax cuts and infrastructure spending under a range of fiscal stimulus plans—including the Trump campaign proposal—will boost GDP growth, but the impact will be determined by the size, scope, and timing.
- We expect three, possibly four, rate hikes in 2017, which will result in a yield curve flattening. A barbell portfolio strategy is appropriate for this kind of market.
- Thanks to improving oil prices, easier lending conditions, and stronger economic growth, the high-yield corporate default rate will fall to 4 percent in 2017, a level below the 25-year average. Investors should maintain exposure to leveraged credit.
- Oil will rise but average less than $60 per barrel, the unemployment rate will fall below 4 percent, and inflation will be contained.
Guggenheim Investments represents the investment management businesses of Guggenheim Partners, LLC ("Guggenheim").
Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC is an affiliate of Guggenheim.
Read a prospectus and summary prospectus (if available) carefully before investing. It contains the investment objective, risks charges, expenses and the other information, which should be considered carefully before investing. To obtain a prospectus and summary prospectus (if available) click here or call 800.820.0888.
*Guggenheim Investments total asset figure is as of 12.31.2016. The assets include leverage of $12.3bn for assets under management and $0.4bn for assets for which we provide administrative services.
Guggenheim Investments represents the investment management businesses of Guggenheim Partners, LLC ("Guggenheim"), which includes Security Investors, LLC ("SI"), Guggenheim Funds Investment Advisors, LLC, ("GFIA") and Guggenheim Partners Investment Management ("GPIM") the investment advisers to the referenced funds. Securities offered through Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC, an affiliate of Guggenheim, SI, GFIA and GPIM.
Guggenheim Investments. All rights reserved.
Research our firm with FINRA Broker Check.
• Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • May Lose Value
This website is directed to and intended for use by citizens or residents of the United States of America only. The information provided does not constitute a solicitation of an offer to buy, or an offer to sell securities in any jurisdiction, or to any person to who, it is not lawful to make such an offer. All content has been provided for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be construed as, (i) a recommendation; (ii) legal or tax advice; and/or (iii) a legal opinion. Always consult a financial, tax and /or legal professional regarding your specific situation. Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal.