After the Brexit vote surprised the many market participants who had positioned themselves for the opposite outcome, the market panicked. Market stability—and then a rally—only arrived once central banks promised liquidity support. Looking ahead, it is likely that we will experience further volatility before the year is out. The situation in Europe and Japan is reaching a tipping point as policymakers decide whether to stand pat and wait for incoming data, or take more action as conditions worsen. Their decisions (and the Fed’s) carry significant investment implications.
Find out where our fixed-income investment team is finding relative value in a world of low and negative rates and uncertain monetary policy.
- Our Macroeconomic Research team expects solid near-term growth in U.S. underpinned by strength in the consumer sector, but the Fed likely will remain on hold until December 2016.
- Slow and steady economic growth, a cautious Fed, low interest rates, and improving oil market supply-demand fundamentals have created a favorable environment for fixed-income markets.
- The global macroeconomic backdrop, and the central banks’ willingness to continue their accommodative policies, should support risk assets going forward.
- Our oil price model calls for seasonal weakness in the second half of 2016 before prices rise to $55 by mid-2017.
- We see value in energy and basic materials credits, as well as technology and media companies.
- In securitized products, we continue to find value in new-issue aircraft lease transactions, and in collateralized loan obligations backed by loans to middle market companies.
Guggenheim Investments represents the investment management businesses of Guggenheim Partners, LLC ("Guggenheim"). Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC is an affiliate of Guggenheim.
Read a prospectus and summary prospectus (if available) carefully before investing. It contains the investment objective, risks charges, expenses and the other information, which should be considered carefully before investing. To obtain a prospectus and summary prospectus (if available) click here or call 800.820.0888.
Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal.
*Assets under management is as of 9.30.2021 and includes leverage of $17.9bn. Guggenheim Investments represents the following affiliated investment management businesses of Guggenheim Partners, LLC: Guggenheim Partners Investment Management, LLC, Security Investors, LLC, Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC, Guggenheim Funds Investment Advisors, LLC, Guggenheim Corporate Funding, LLC, Guggenheim Partners Europe Limited, Guggenheim Partners Fund Management (Europe) Limited, Guggenheim Partners Japan Limited, GS GAMMA Advisors, LLC, and Guggenheim Partners India Management. Securities offered through Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC.
Guggenheim Investments. All rights reserved.
Research our firm with FINRA Broker Check.
• Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • May Lose Value
This website is directed to and intended for use by citizens or residents of the United States of America only. The material provided on this website is not intended as a recommendation or as investment advice of any kind, including in connection with rollovers, transfers, and distributions. Such material is not provided in a fiduciary capacity, may not be relied upon for or in connection with the making of investment decisions, and does not constitute a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell securities. All content has been provided for informational or educational purposes only and is not intended to be and should not be construed as legal or tax advice and/or a legal opinion. Always consult a financial, tax and/or legal professional regarding your specific situation. Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal.