The surprise end to the fractious U.S. election season leaves many questions unanswered, but we remain alert to the possible impact of resurgent fiscal policy. Several market positives should support asset performance into 2017. The domestic economy just turned in the highest growth rate in two years, early indications point to a strong Christmas selling season, corporate earnings are turning higher or recovering, and the energy sector is stabilizing with the oil market recovery. An investor’s best option in an environment like this is to sell into strength and buy on weakness.
- We believe it is highly likely the Fed will raise rates three, and possibly four, times in 2017.
- A tightening labor market, rising inflation, and a new administration suggest higher economic growth and inflation, upward pressure on rates, and Fed rate hikes.
- We continue to see strong demand from foreign investors hungry for yield supporting the investment-grade market.
- Spreads on collateralized loan obligations have tightened significantly, particularly as investors have been allocating more to floating rate assets.
- Rising pension liabilities remain a concern, but strong technicals support the municipal market.
Guggenheim Investments represents the investment management businesses of Guggenheim Partners, LLC ("Guggenheim"). Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC is an affiliate of Guggenheim.
Read a prospectus and summary prospectus (if available) carefully before investing. It contains the investment objective, risks charges, expenses and the other information, which should be considered carefully before investing. To obtain a prospectus and summary prospectus (if available) click here or call 800.820.0888.
Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal.
*Assets under management is as of 12.31.2018 and includes leverage of $12.4bn. Guggenheim Investments represents the investment management businesses of Guggenheim Partners, LLC ("Guggenheim"), which includes Security Investors, LLC ("SI"), Guggenheim Funds Investment Advisors, LLC, ("GFIA") and Guggenheim Partners Investment Management ("GPIM") the investment advisers to the referenced funds. Securities offered through Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC, an affiliate of Guggenheim, SI, GFIA and GPIM.
Guggenheim Investments. All rights reserved.
Research our firm with FINRA Broker Check.
• Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • May Lose Value
This website is directed to and intended for use by citizens or residents of the United States of America only. The material provided on this website is not intended as a recommendation or as investment advice of any kind, including in connection with rollovers, transfers, and distributions. Such material is not provided in a fiduciary capacity, may not be relied upon for or in connection with the making of investment decisions, and does not constitute a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell securities. All content has been provided for informational or educational purposes only and is not intended to be and should not be construed as legal or tax advice and/or a legal opinion. Always consult a financial, tax and/or legal professional regarding your specific situation. Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal.