The Quality Dividend Strategy Portfolio, Series 18 ("Trust") seeks to provide total return primarily through capital appreciation and dividend income.
|Wrap Fee Price||$9.577900|
|Remaining Deferred Sales Charge||$0.145000|
|Mandatory Maturity Date||1/3/2018|
|NASDAQ Ticker Symbol||CTPLRX|
|Inception Unit Price||$10.000000|
|Inception Bid Price||$9.900000|
|Inception Liquidation Price||$9.755000|
|Deferred Sales Charge Dates||
|Number of Holdings||105|
|Historical Annual Dividend Distribution||$0.395100|
All data is subject to change daily. Data may differ from the prospectus due to different data sources or market changes. Please refer to prospectus for additional information about the trust including the portfolio section criteria. Source: FactSet Research Systems Inc. unless otherwise noted. The total percentages may not be equal to 100% due to rounding. N/A indicates that certain securities have not been identified and/or classified by the data provider. A unit is a combination of securities or types of securities traded together.
|Weighted Average Price/Earnings (P/E) Ratio||32.35|
|Weighted Average Price/Book (P/B) Ratio||5.01|
|Weighted Average Market Cap (MM)||$47,666.71|
|US Common Stock||67.54%|
|Non US Common Stock||25.65%|
|Energy Equipment & Services||0.48%|
|Oil Gas & Consumable Fuels||13.38%|
|Diversified Telecommunication Services||10.24%|
|Wireless Telecommunication Services||1.64%|
|Independent Power and Renewable Electricity Producers||0.84%|
|Containers & Packaging||2.95%|
|Metals & Mining||0.47%|
|Paper & Forest Products||0.99%|
|Aerospace & Defense||2.14%|
|Commercial Services & Supplies||0.87%|
|Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment||4.15%|
|Technology Hardware Storage & Peripherals||1.81%|
|Hotels Restaurants & Leisure||0.98%|
|Internet & Direct Marketing Retail||0.50%|
|Equity Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)||6.31%|
|Health Care Equipment & Supplies||0.44%|
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Investment returns and principal value will fluctuate with changes in market conditions. Investors' units, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost.
Principal Investment Strategy
Under normal circumstances, the Trust will invest at least 80% of the value of its assets in dividend-paying common stocks of quality companies. The Sponsor believes that quality companies are companies that have demonstrated high returns on assets, profitability, dividend consistency and growth.
The Trust utilizes three different quantitative strategies to determine the constituents of the final portfolio. The portfolio is a blend of securities selected from the following strategies:
• Guggenheim US High Dividend Strategy (25 securities, 50% of the portfolio)
• Guggenheim US SMID High Dividend Strategy (50 securities, 25% of the portfolio)
• Guggenheim International Dividend Strategy (30 securities, 25% of the portfolio)
In constructing the Trust’s portfolio, 105 securities were selected using the three fundamentally based quantitative strategies listed below.
Risks and Other Considerations
As with all investments, you may lose some or all of your investment in the Trust. No assurance can be given that the Trust’s investment objective will be achieved. The Trust also might not perform as well as you expect. This can happen for reasons such as these:
• Securities prices can be volatile. The value of your investment may fall over time. Market value fluctuates in response to various factors. These can include stock market movements, purchases or sales of securities by the Trust, government policies, litigation, and changes in interest rates, inflation, the financial condition of the securities’ issuer or even perceptions of the issuer. Units of the Trust are not deposits of any bank and are not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency.
• Share prices or dividend rates on the securities in the Trust may decline during the life of the Trust. There is no guarantee that share prices of the securities in the Trust will not decline and that the issuers of the securities will declare dividends in the future and, if declared, whether they will remain at current levels or increase over time.
• Securities selected according to this strategy may not perform as intended. The Trust is exposed to additional risk due to its policy of investing in accordance with an investment strategy. Although the Trust's investment strategy is designed to achieve the Trust's investment objective, the strategy may not prove to be successful. The investment decisions may not produce the intended results and there is no guarantee that the investment objective will be achieved.
• The Trust invests in securities issued by small-capitalization and mid-capitalization companies. These securities customarily involve more investment risk than securities of large-capitalization companies. Small-capitalization and mid-capitalization companies may have limited product lines, markets or financial resources and may be more vulnerable to adverse general market or economic developments.
• The Trust invests in U.S.-listed foreign securities, a New York Registry Share and American Depositary Receipts (“ADRs”). The Trust’s investment in U.S.-listed foreign securities, a New York Registry Share and ADRs presents additional risk. ADRs are issued by a bank or Trust company to evidence ownership of underlying securities issued by foreign corporations. New York Registry Shares are created by a U.S. registrar so that securities of companies incorporated in the Netherlands may be traded on a U.S. exchange. Securities of foreign issuers present risks beyond those of domestic securities. More specifically, foreign risk is the risk that foreign securities will be more volatile than U.S. securities due to such factors as adverse economic, currency, political, social or regulatory developments in a country, including government seizure of assets, excessive taxation, limitations on the use or transfer of assets, the lack of liquidity or regulatory controls with respect to certain industries or differing legal and/or accounting standards.
• Inflation may lead to a decrease in the value of assets or income from investments.
• The Sponsor does not actively manage the portfolio. The Trust will generally hold, and may, when creating additional units, continue to buy, the same securities even though a security’s outlook, market value or yield may have changed.
See “Investment Risks” in Part A of the prospectus and “Risk Factors” in Part B of the prospectus for additional information.
Please see the Trust prospectus for more complete risk information.
Unit Investment Trusts are fixed, not actively managed and should be considered as part of a long-term strategy. Investors should consider their ability to invest in successive portfolios, if available, at the applicable sales charge. UITs are subject to annual fund operating expenses in addition to the sales charge. Investors should consult an attorney or tax advisor regarding tax consequences associated with an investment from one series to the next, if available, and with the purchase or sale of units. Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC does not offer tax advice.
Read a prospectus and summary prospectus (if available) carefully before investing. It contains the investment objective, risks charges, expenses and the other information, which should be considered carefully before investing. To obtain a prospectus and summary prospectus (if available) click here or call 800.820.0888.
Guggenheim Investments represents the investment management business of Guggenheim Partners, LLC ("Guggenheim"), which includes Security Investors, LLC ("SI"), Guggenheim Funds Investments Advisors, LLC ("GFIA") and Guggenheim Partners Investment Management ("GPIM") the investment advisors to the referenced funds.
© 2016 Guggenheim Investments. All Rights Reserved.
Research our firm with FINRA Broker Check.
• Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • May Lose Value
This website is directed to and intended for use by citizens or residents of the United States of America only. The information provided does not constitute a solicitation of an offer to buy, or an offer to sell securities in any jurisdiction, or to any person to who, it is not lawful to make such an offer. All content has been provided for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be construed as, (i) a recommendation; (ii) legal or tax advice; and/or (iii) a legal opinion. Always consult a financial, tax and /or legal professional regarding your specific situation. Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal.