Guggenheim Real Estate (“GRE”) enables institutional and private clients to pursue actively-managed commercial real estate investment strategies. Our business combines the benefits of a well-established sponsorship and strong operating history with the creative and entrepreneurial perspective of a talented and nimble team.
Founded in 2001, Guggenheim Real Estate serves as the private equity real estate group of Guggenheim Partners. We manage equity for a diverse set of institutional investors including pension funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations and wealth platforms as well as family offices and high net worth individuals.
The GRE platform provides investors with access to capabilities across an extensive range of the commercial real estate market. We have the ability to offer real estate exposure through a variety of investment styles. Our brand, reputation and experience afford us a deep network of industry relationships which provide a competitive advantage and steady pipeline of investment opportunities. Ultimately, we strive to deliver an exceptional investor experience through robust performance results, portfolio management and client servicing.
We seek to create value for our clients in several ways. Our mission is to:
- Analyze the broad real estate universe and identify the best relative value opportunities;
- Design and actively manage optimal portfolios of institutional-quality properties by combining top-down research with bottom-up market feedback;
- Identify upside and downside scenarios and employ a disciplined risk management process;
- Utilize our deep partner network to acquire accretive investments and aggressively manage property assets in order maximize potential;
- Construct highly-diversified portfolios through targeted market and property type selection;
- Tactically dispose of properties to extract value and effectively redeploy capital proceeds into more attractive opportunities;
- Frequently communicate and interact with our clients to ensure their awareness of portfolio performance and positioning as well as market conditions.
The investment team at GRE works together internally across our platform, as well as with outside operators and other information sources, to derive maximum value from our portfolios on behalf of our clients. Collectively, it is a team of highly experienced real estate career professionals who have benefitted from investing through multiple market cycles. They provide valuable expertise in investment strategy design, portfolio construction and management, risk management, research and analysis, underwriting, due diligence and acquisition/disposition decisions. Guggenheim Real Estate is solely focused on providing real estate investment solutions to third-party investors through a cross-functional team that covers all of the critical business functions, including portfolio management, investments, asset management, accounting, finance, operations, compliance, investor relations and business development.