The New York Municipal Portfolio of CEFs, Series 32 ("Trust") seeks to provide current income and the potential for capital appreciation.
|Wrap Fee Price||N/A|
|Remaining Deferred Sales Charge||$0.0000|
|Mandatory Maturity Date||5/3/2021|
|NASDAQ Ticker Symbol||CENYGX|
|Inception Unit Price||$10.0000|
|Inception Liquidation Price||$9.7750|
|Deferred Sales Charge Dates||
|Number of Holdings||13|
|Rate Fee Based||-|
* The Historical Annual Dividend Distribution (HADD) per unit is as of the day prior to trust deposit and subject to change. The HADD per unit is the weighted average of the trailing twelve-month distributions paid by the securities included in the portfolio. The HADD rate is based on the HADD divided by the current offer price and recalculated daily. Both the HADD per unit and the rate shown are reduced to account for the effects of fees and expenses, which will be incurred when investing in the Trust. The HADD per unit and rate will vary due to certain factors that may include, but are not limited to, a change in the dividends paid by issuers, a change in Trust expenses or the sale or maturity of securities in the portfolio. There is no guarantee the issuers of the securities included in the Trust will declare dividends or distributions in the future. The HADD of the securities included in the Trust is for illustrative purposes only and is not indicative of the Trust’s distribution. Due to the negative economic impact across many industries caused by the recent COVID-19 outbreak, certain issuers of the securities included in the trust may elect to reduce the amount of, or cancel entirely, dividends and/or distributions paid in the future. As a result, the HADD figure will likely be higher, and in some cases significantly higher, than the actual distribution rate achieved by the trust.
|Trust Weighted Average||-9.25%|
|Closed-End Fund ("CEF") Universe Average||-8.48%|
* Closed-end funds may trade at a premium or discount to their net asset value (“NAV”). The Premium/Discount shown is for the underlying securities held by the closed-end funds in the UIT. This is the weighted average of all the CEFs in portfolio.
|Weighted Average Leverage Ratio**||39.38%|
** The Total value of the fund’s outstanding leverage presented as a percentage of total assets.
Example: Percentage of Total Assets represented by leverage.(e.g., Total Assets = $200M; Net Assets = $160M; Leverage = $40M. Leverage = 20%, calculated by dividing $40M by $200M.)
Premium/Discount and Holdings Analysis data is provided by Morningstar Traded Fund Center. Data is subject to change on a nightly basis. The data is for the underlying securities held by the closed-end funds in the UIT. The total percentages may not be equal to 100% due to rounding. N/A indicates that certain securities have not been identified and/or classified by the data provider.
The Closed-End Fund (“CEF”) Universe is comprised of all CEFs currently listed on U.S. exchanges.
© 2020 Morningstar, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The information contained herein: (1) is proprietary to Morningstar and/or its content providers; (2) may not be copied or distributed; and (3) is not warranted to be accurate, complete or timely. Neither Morningstar nor its content providers are responsible for any damages or losses arising from any use of this information.
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Investment returns and principal value will fluctuate with changes in market conditions. Investors' units, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost.
Principal Investment Strategy
Under normal circumstances, the Trust invests at least 80% of the value of its assets in common shares of closed-end investment companies (“Closed-End Funds”) that invest substantially all of their assets in tax-free New York municipal bonds, which are rated investment-grade by a nationally recognized statistical rating organization.
See “Description of Ratings” in Part B of the prospectus for additional information regarding the ratings criteria.
The Sponsor has selected for the portfolio Closed-End Funds believed to have the best potential to achieve the Trust’s investment objective. The Trust seeks to provide monthly income that is exempt from federal and New York state income taxes by investing in Closed- End Funds that invest substantially all of their assets in tax-free New York municipal bonds. Municipal bonds generally offer investors the potential for stable tax-free income. However, a portion of the income may be subject to the alternative minimum tax as well as federal, state and local taxes.
When selecting Closed-End Funds for inclusion in this portfolio the Sponsor looks at numerous factors. These factors include, but are not limited to:
• Investment Objective. The Sponsor favors funds that have a clear investment objective in line with the Trust’s objective and, based upon a review of publicly available information, appear to be maintaining it.
• Premium/Discount. The Sponsor favors funds that are trading at a discount relative to their peers and relative to their long-term average.
• Consistent Dividend. The Sponsor favors funds that have a history of paying a consistent and competitive dividend.
• Performance. The Sponsor favors funds that have a history of strong relative performance (based on market price and net asset value) when compared to their peers and an applicable benchmark.
Risks and Other Considerations
As with all investments, you may lose some or all of your investment in the Trust. No assurance can be given that the Trust’s investment objective will be achieved. The Trust also might not perform as well as you expect. This can happen for reasons such as these:
• Securities prices can be volatile. The value of your investment may fall over time. Market value fluctuates in response to various factors. These can include stock market movements, purchases or sales of securities by the Trust, government policies, litigation, and changes in interest rates, inflation, the financial condition of the securities’ issuer or even perceptions of the issuer. Units of the Trust are not deposits of any bank and are not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency.
• The Trust includes Closed-End Funds. Closed-End Funds are actively managed investment companies that invest in various types of securities. Closed-End Funds issue common shares that are traded on a securities exchange. Closed-End Funds are subject to various risks, including management’s ability to meet the Closed-End Fund’s investment objective and to manage the Closed- End Fund’s portfolio during periods of market turmoil and as investors’ perceptions regarding Closed-End Funds or their underlying investments change. Closed-End Funds are not redeemable at the option of the shareholder and they may trade in the market at a discount to their net asset value. Closed-End Funds may also employ the use of leverage which increases risk and volatility.
• The Closed-End Funds are subject to annual fees and expenses, including a management fee. Unitholders of the Trust will bear these fees in addition to the fees and expenses of the Trust. See “Fees and Expenses” for additional information.
• The value of the fixed-income securities in the Closed-End Funds will generally fall if interest rates, in general, rise. Typically, fixed-income securities with longer periods before maturity are more sensitive to interest rate changes. The Trust may be subject to greater risk of rising interest rates than would normally be the case due to the current period of historically low rates.
• A Closed-End Fund or an issuer of securities held by a Closed-End Fund may be unwilling or unable to make principal payments and/or to declare distributions in the future, may call a security before its stated maturity, or may reduce the level of distributions declared. A Closed-End Fund or an underlying issuer may suspend distributions during the life of the Trust. This may result in a reduction in the value of your units.
• The financial condition of a Closed- End Fund or an issuer of securities held by a Closed-End Fund may worsen, resulting in a reduction in the value of your units. This may occur at any point in time, including during the primary offering period.
• Closed-End Funds held by the Trust invest in New York municipal bonds. Municipal bonds are long-term fixed rate debt obligations that decline in value with increases in interest rates, an issuer’s worsening financial condition, a drop in bond ratings or when there is a decrease in the federal income tax rate. Typically, bonds with longer periods before maturity are more sensitive to interest rate changes. Municipal bonds generally generate income exempt from federal income taxation, but may be subject to the alternative minimum tax. In addition, some or all of the income generated by a Closed-End Fund may not be exempt from regular federal or state income taxes and as a result, the related income paid by the Trust may also be subject to regular federal and state income taxes. Capital gains, if any, may be subject to tax.
Because the Closed-End Funds are concentrated in bonds of issuers located in New York, there may be more risk than if the bonds were issued by issuers located in several states. The financial condition of New York is affected by various national and local, economic, social and environmental policies and conditions and may have an effect on the value of the units. Additionally, constitutional and statutory limitations imposed on the state and its local governments concerning taxes, bond indebtedness and other matters may constrain the revenue-generating capacity of the state and its local governments and, therefore, the ability of the issuers of the bonds to satisfy their obligations.
• Economic conditions may lead to limited liquidity and greater volatility. The markets for fixed-income securities, such as those held by certain Closed-End Funds, may experience periods of illiquidity and volatility. General market uncertainty and consequent repricing risk have led to market imbalances of sellers and buyers, which in turn have resulted in significant valuation uncertainties in a variety of fixed-income securities. These conditions resulted, and in many cases continue to result in, greater volatility, less liquidity, widening credit spreads and a lack of price transparency, with many debt securities remaining illiquid and of uncertain value. These market conditions may make valuation of some of the securities held by a Closed-End Fund uncertain and/or result in sudden and significant valuation increases or declines in its holdings.
• Share prices or distributions on the securities in the Trust may decline during the life of the Trust. There is no guarantee that share prices of the securities in the Trust will not decline and that the issuers of the securities will declare distributions in the future and, if declared, whether they will remain at current levels or increase over time.
• Inflation may lead to a decrease in the value of assets or income from investments.
• The Sponsor does not actively manage the portfolio. The Trust will generally hold, and may, when creating additional units, continue to buy, the same securities even though a security’s outlook, market value or yield may have changed.
See “Investment Risks” in Part A of the prospectus and “Risk Factors” in Part B of the prospectus for additional information.
Please see the Trust prospectus for more complete risk information.
Unit Investment Trusts are fixed, not actively managed and should be considered as part of a long-term strategy. Investors should consider their ability to invest in successive portfolios, if available, at the applicable sales charge. UITs are subject to annual fund operating expenses in addition to the sales charge. Investors should consult an attorney or tax advisor regarding tax consequences associated with an investment from one series to the next, if available, and with the purchase or sale of units. Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC does not offer tax advice.
Read a prospectus and summary prospectus (if available) carefully before investing. It contains the investment objective, risks charges, expenses and the other information, which should be considered carefully before investing. To obtain a prospectus and summary prospectus (if available) click here or call 800.820.0888.
Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal.
Guggenheim Investments represents the following affiliated investment management businesses of Guggenheim Partners, LLC: Guggenheim Partners Investment Management, LLC, Security Investors, LLC, Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC, Guggenheim Funds Investment Advisors, LLC, Guggenheim Corporate Funding, LLC, Guggenheim Partners Europe Limited, GS GAMMA Advisors, LLC, and Guggenheim Partners India Management. Securities offered through Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC.
© 2020 Guggenheim Investments. All Rights Reserved.
Research our firm with FINRA Broker Check.
• Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • May Lose Value
This website is directed to and intended for use by citizens or residents of the United States of America only. The material provided on this website is not intended as a recommendation or as investment advice of any kind, including in connection with rollovers, transfers, and distributions. Such material is not provided in a fiduciary capacity, may not be relied upon for or in connection with the making of investment decisions, and does not constitute a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell securities. All content has been provided for informational or educational purposes only and is not intended to be and should not be construed as legal or tax advice and/or a legal opinion. Always consult a financial, tax and/or legal professional regarding your specific situation. Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal.