The Dow 10 Portfolio, Series 39 ("Trust") seeks to provide current income with the potential for capital appreciation.
|Wrap Fee Price||$10.1790|
|Remaining Deferred Sales Charge||$0.1350|
|Mandatory Maturity Date||1/4/2021|
|NASDAQ Ticker Symbol||CDOWNX|
|Inception Unit Price||$10.0000|
|Inception Liquidation Price||$9.8650|
|Deferred Sales Charge Dates||
|Number of Holdings||10|
|Historical Annual Dividend Distribution*||$0.3320|
* The Historical Annual Dividend Distribution (HADD) is as of the day prior to trust deposit and subject to change. There is no guarantee the issuers of the securities included in the Trust will declare dividends or distributions in the future. The HADD of the securities included in the Trust is for illustrative purposes only and is not indicative of the Trust’s distribution rate. The HADD is the weighted average of the trailing twelve-month distributions paid by the securities included in the portfolio and is reduced to account for the effects of fees and expenses, which will be incurred when investing in the Trust. The HADD will vary due to certain factors that may include, but are not limited to, a change in the dividends paid by issuers, a change in Trust expenses or the sale or maturity of securities in the portfolio.
All data is subject to change daily. Data may differ from the prospectus due to different data sources or market changes. Please refer to prospectus for additional information about the trust including the portfolio section criteria. Source: FactSet Research Systems Inc. unless otherwise noted. The total percentages may not be equal to 100% due to rounding. N/A indicates that certain securities have not been identified and/or classified by the data provider. A unit is a combination of securities or types of securities traded together.
|Weighted Average Price/Earnings (P/E) Ratio||17.62|
|Weighted Average Price/Book (P/B) Ratio||5.49|
|Weighted Average Market Cap (MM)||$188,734.22|
|US Common Stock||100.00%|
|Food & Staples Retailing||9.88%|
|Oil Gas & Consumable Fuels||19.66%|
|Diversified Telecommunication Services||10.01%|
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Investment returns and principal value will fluctuate with changes in market conditions. Investors' units, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost.
Principal Investment Strategy
The Trust consists of an equally dollar weighted portfolio of stocks of companies in the Dow Jones Industrial Average (“DJIA”) that have the highest dividend yields on September 25, 2019 (the “Security Selection Date”) and hold them for approximately 15 months.
The Sponsor believes that dividends play an important part in total return and that stocks that have higher dividend yields may also be undervalued. The Sponsor also believes that blue chip stocks that are undervalued have the potential for higher total returns over time. As a result of this strategy, the Trust invests significantly in the consumer staples and health care sectors.
The securities included in the Trust’s portfolio are the common stocks of companies listed on the DJIA with the highest dividend yields as of the Security Selection Date. The dividend yields were calculated by annualizing the last quarterly or semi-annual ordinary dividend declared and dividing the result by the market value of the security as of the close on the Security Selection Date.
Risks and Other Considerations
As with all investments, you may lose some or all of your investment in the Trust. No assurance can be given that the Trust’s investment objective will be achieved. The Trust also might not perform as well as you expect. This can happen for reasons such as these:
• The Trust invests significantly in the consumer staples sector. As a result, the factors that impact the consumer staples sector will likely have a greater effect on this Trust than on a more broadly diversified Trust. General risks of companies in the consumer staples sector include cyclicality of revenues and earnings, economic recession, currency fluctuations, changing consumer tastes, extensive competition, product liability litigation and increased government regulation. A weak economy and its effect on consumer spending would adversely affect companies in the consumer staples sector.
• The Trust invests significantly in the health care sector. As a result, the factors that impact the health care sector will likely have a greater effect on this Trust than on a more broadly diversified Trust. General risks of companies in the health care sector include extensive competition, generic drug sales, the loss of patent protection, product liability litigation and increased government regulation.
• Share prices or dividend rates on the securities in the Trust may decline during the life of the Trust. There is no guarantee that share prices of the securities in the Trust will not decline and that the issuers of the securities will declare dividends in the future and, if declared, whether they will remain at current levels or increase over time.
• Inflation may lead to a decrease in the value of assets or income from investments.
• The Sponsor does not actively manage the portfolio. The Trust will generally hold, and may, when creating additional units, continue to buy, the same securities even though a security’s outlook, market value or yield may have changed.
See “Investment Risks” in Part A of the prospectus and “Risk Factors” in Part B of the prospectus for additional information.
Please see the Trust prospectus for more complete risk information.
Unit Investment Trusts are fixed, not actively managed and should be considered as part of a long-term strategy. Investors should consider their ability to invest in successive portfolios, if available, at the applicable sales charge. UITs are subject to annual fund operating expenses in addition to the sales charge. Investors should consult an attorney or tax advisor regarding tax consequences associated with an investment from one series to the next, if available, and with the purchase or sale of units. Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC does not offer tax advice.
Read a prospectus and summary prospectus (if available) carefully before investing. It contains the investment objective, risks charges, expenses and the other information, which should be considered carefully before investing. To obtain a prospectus and summary prospectus (if available) click here or call 800.820.0888.
Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal.
Guggenheim Investments represents the investment management business of Guggenheim Partners, LLC ("Guggenheim"), which includes Security Investors, LLC ("SI"), Guggenheim Funds Investments Advisors, LLC ("GFIA") and Guggenheim Partners Investment Management ("GPIM") the investment advisors to the referenced funds.
© 2019 Guggenheim Investments. All Rights Reserved.
Research our firm with FINRA Broker Check.
• Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • May Lose Value
This website is directed to and intended for use by citizens or residents of the United States of America only. The material provided on this website is not intended as a recommendation or as investment advice of any kind, including in connection with rollovers, transfers, and distributions. Such material is not provided in a fiduciary capacity, may not be relied upon for or in connection with the making of investment decisions, and does not constitute a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell securities. All content has been provided for informational or educational purposes only and is not intended to be and should not be construed as legal or tax advice and/or a legal opinion. Always consult a financial, tax and/or legal professional regarding your specific situation. Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal.