The Strategic Income Portfolio, Series 113 ("Trust") seeks to provide current income and the potential for capital appreciation by investing in common shares of closed-end investment companies (“Closed-End Funds”) that are considered to be income funds.
What is the Strategic Income Portfolio?
The Trust is a strategic allocation by Guggenheim Funds of various income-oriented Closed-End Funds containing securities of different asset classes. These may include, but are not limited to:
• high-yield securities or “junk” bonds;
• convertible bonds;
• preferred securities;
• real estate investment Trusts (“REITs”);
• corporate bonds;
• government bonds;
• international bonds; and
|Wrap Fee Price||N/A|
|Remaining Deferred Sales Charge||$0.0000|
|Mandatory Maturity Date||7/6/2023|
|Inception Unit Price||$10.0000|
|Inception Liquidation Price||$9.7750|
|Deferred Sales Charge Dates||
|Number of Holdings||42|
|Rate Fee Based||-|
* The Historical Annual Dividend Distribution (HADD) per unit is as of the day prior to trust deposit and subject to change. The HADD per unit is the weighted average of the trailing twelve-month distributions paid by the securities included in the portfolio. The HADD rate is based on the HADD divided by the current offer price and recalculated daily. Both the HADD per unit and the rate shown are reduced to account for the effects of fees and expenses, which will be incurred when investing in the Trust. The HADD per unit and rate will vary due to certain factors that may include, but are not limited to, a change in the dividends paid by issuers, a change in Trust expenses or the sale or maturity of securities in the portfolio. There is no guarantee the issuers of the securities included in the Trust will declare dividends or distributions in the future. The HADD of the securities included in the Trust is for illustrative purposes only and is not indicative of the Trust’s distribution. Due to the negative economic impact across many industries caused by the recent COVID-19 outbreak, certain issuers of the securities included in the trust may elect to reduce the amount of, or cancel entirely, dividends and/or distributions paid in the future. As a result, the HADD figure will likely be higher, and in some cases significantly higher, than the actual distribution rate achieved by the trust.
|Trust Weighted Average||-3.73%|
|Closed-End Fund ("CEF") Universe Average||-6.40%|
* Closed-end funds may trade at a premium or discount to their net asset value (“NAV”). The Premium/Discount shown is for the underlying securities held by the closed-end funds in the UIT. This is the weighted average of all the CEFs in portfolio.
|Emerging Market Income||1.70%|
|Weighted Average Leverage Ratio**||26.51%|
** The Total value of the fund’s outstanding leverage presented as a percentage of total assets.
Example: Percentage of Total Assets represented by leverage.(e.g., Total Assets = $200M; Net Assets = $160M; Leverage = $40M. Leverage = 20%, calculated by dividing $40M by $200M.)
Premium/Discount and Holdings Analysis data is provided by Morningstar Traded Fund Center. Data is subject to change on a nightly basis. The data is for the underlying securities held by the closed-end funds in the UIT. The total percentages may not be equal to 100% due to rounding. N/A indicates that certain securities have not been identified and/or classified by the data provider.
The Closed-End Fund (“CEF”) Universe is comprised of all CEFs currently listed on U.S. exchanges.
© 2022 Morningstar, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The information contained herein: (1) is proprietary to Morningstar and/or its content providers; (2) may not be copied or distributed; and (3) is not warranted to be accurate, complete or timely. Neither Morningstar nor its content providers are responsible for any damages or losses arising from any use of this information.
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Investment returns and principal value will fluctuate with changes in market conditions. Investors' units, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost.
Principal Investment Strategy
The Trust will invest 100% of its assets in Closed-End Funds that are considered to be income funds. Guggenheim Funds, through proprietary research and strategic alliances, will strive to select Closed-End Funds featuring the potential for current income, diversification and overall liquidity.
The Sponsor has selected Closed-End Funds for the portfolio believed to have the best potential to achieve the Trust’s investment objective. The Closed-End Funds’ portfolios consist primarily of income-producing securities, including: high-yield securities or “junk” bonds; convertible bonds; preferred securities; REITs; corporate bonds; government bonds; international bonds; and equities.
When selecting Closed-End Funds for inclusion in the portfolio the Sponsor looks at numerous factors. These factors include, but are not limited to:
Risks and Other Considerations
As with all investments, you may lose some or all of your investment in the Trust. No assurance can be given that the Trust’s investment objective will be achieved. The Trust also might not perform as well as you expect. This can happen for reasons such as these:
See “Investment Risks” in Part A of the prospectus and “Risk Factors” in Part B of the prospectus for additional information.
Please see the Trust prospectus for more complete risk information.
Unit Investment Trusts are fixed, not actively managed and should be considered as part of a long-term strategy. Investors should consider their ability to invest in successive portfolios, if available, at the applicable sales charge. UITs are subject to annual fund operating expenses in addition to the sales charge. Investors should consult an attorney or tax advisor regarding tax consequences associated with an investment from one series to the next, if available, and with the purchase or sale of units. Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC does not offer tax advice.
Read a prospectus and summary prospectus (if available) carefully before investing. It contains the investment objective, risks charges, expenses and the other information, which should be considered carefully before investing. To obtain a prospectus and summary prospectus (if available) click here or call 800.820.0888.
Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal.
Guggenheim Investments represents the following affiliated investment management businesses of Guggenheim Partners, LLC: Guggenheim Partners Investment Management, LLC, Security Investors, LLC, Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC, Guggenheim Funds Investment Advisors, LLC, Guggenheim Partners Advisors, LLC, Guggenheim Corporate Funding, LLC, Guggenheim Partners Europe Limited, Guggenheim Partners Fund Management (Europe) Limited, Guggenheim Partners Japan Limited, GS GAMMA Advisors, LLC, and Guggenheim Partners India Management. Securities offered through Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC.
© 2022 Guggenheim Investments. All Rights Reserved.
Research our firm with FINRA Broker Check.
• Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • May Lose Value
This website is directed to and intended for use by citizens or residents of the United States of America only. The material provided on this website is not intended as a recommendation or as investment advice of any kind, including in connection with rollovers, transfers, and distributions. Such material is not provided in a fiduciary capacity, may not be relied upon for or in connection with the making of investment decisions, and does not constitute a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell securities. All content has been provided for informational or educational purposes only and is not intended to be and should not be construed as legal or tax advice and/or a legal opinion. Always consult a financial, tax and/or legal professional regarding your specific situation. Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal.