The REIT Portfolio, Series 23 ("Trust") seeks to provide current income and the potential for capital appreciation by investing in a portfolio consisting of common stocks of real estate investment trusts (“REITs”).
|Wrap Fee Price||$9.1646|
|Remaining Deferred Sales Charge||$0.2250|
|Mandatory Maturity Date||8/10/2022|
|NASDAQ Ticker Symbol||CGRTWX|
|Inception Unit Price||$10.0000|
|Inception Liquidation Price||$9.7750|
|Deferred Sales Charge Dates||
|Number of Holdings||32|
|Rate Fee Based||3.56%|
* The Historical Annual Dividend Distribution (HADD) per unit is as of the day prior to trust deposit and subject to change. The HADD per unit is the weighted average of the trailing twelve-month distributions paid by the securities included in the portfolio. The HADD rate is based on the HADD divided by the current offer price and recalculated daily. Both the HADD per unit and the rate shown are reduced to account for the effects of fees and expenses, which will be incurred when investing in the Trust. The HADD per unit and rate will vary due to certain factors that may include, but are not limited to, a change in the dividends paid by issuers, a change in Trust expenses or the sale or maturity of securities in the portfolio. There is no guarantee the issuers of the securities included in the Trust will declare dividends or distributions in the future. The HADD of the securities included in the Trust is for illustrative purposes only and is not indicative of the Trust’s distribution. Due to the negative economic impact across many industries caused by the recent COVID-19 outbreak, certain issuers of the securities included in the trust may elect to reduce the amount of, or cancel entirely, dividends and/or distributions paid in the future. As a result, the HADD figure will likely be higher, and in some cases significantly higher, than the actual distribution rate achieved by the trust.
All data is subject to change daily. Data may differ from the prospectus due to different data sources or market changes. Please refer to prospectus for additional information about the trust including the portfolio section criteria. Source: FactSet Research Systems Inc. unless otherwise noted. The total percentages may not be equal to 100% due to rounding. N/A indicates that certain securities have not been identified and/or classified by the data provider. A unit is a combination of securities or types of securities traded together.
|Weighted Average Price/Earnings (P/E) Ratio||68.27|
|Weighted Average Price/Book (P/B) Ratio||4.11|
|Weighted Average Market Cap (MM)||$13,898.01|
|Equity Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)||100.00%|
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Investment returns and principal value will fluctuate with changes in market conditions. Investors' units, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost.
Principal Investment Strategy
Under normal circumstances, the Trust will invest at least 80% of the value of its assets in common stocks issued by U.S.-based REITs. REITs are financial vehicles that pool investors’ capital to purchase or finance real estate. The Sponsor will select securities that it believes have the best potential to meet the Trust’s investment objective. The focal points of the strategy will be diversification and dividend stability. The strategy as it pertains to diversification is multi-faceted. Diversification will be achieved at the issuer level, but also at the portfolio level with regards to both the property type and geographic location of the REITs’ holdings. The strategy relating to dividend safety will focus on cash flow coverage, overall leverage levels and debt maturity schedules. Both diversification and dividend stability will be considered within the context of relative value in terms of security pricing and dividend payment attractiveness. Certain of the common stocks of REITs held by the Trust may be issued by small-capitalization and mid-capitalization companies. As a result of this strategy, the Trust is concentrated in the real estate sector.
When selecting the securities for the final portfolio, the Sponsor considers (but are not limited to) the following factors:
• The securities must be issued by companies structured as REITs.
• The diversification benefits of the securities with respect to the issuer, the property types owned by the issuer and the geographic dispersion of the properties owned by the issuer.
• The attractiveness of the dividend payments relative to REIT securities with similar characteristics.
• The ability of the issuer to maintain its current dividend payment.
• The overall condition of the issuers’ balance sheet.
• The price of the securities relative to other securities with comparable characteristics.
Risks and Other Considerations
As with all investments, you may lose some or all of your investment in the Trust. No assurance can be given that the Trust’s investment objective will be achieved. The Trust also might not perform as well as you expect. This can happen for reasons such as these:
• The Trust invests in REITs and is concentrated in the real estate sector. As a result, the factors that impact the real estate sector will likely have a greater effect on this Trust than on a more broadly diversified Trust. REITs may concentrate their investments in specific geographic areas or in specific property types, such as, hotels, shopping malls, residential complexes and office buildings. The value of the REITs and other real estate securities and the ability of such securities to distribute income may be adversely affected by several factors, including: rising interest rates; changes in the global and local economic climate and real estate conditions; perceptions of prospective tenants of the safety, convenience and attractiveness of the properties; the ability of the owner to provide adequate management, maintenance and insurance; increased competition from new properties; the impact of present or future environmental legislation and compliance with environmental laws; changes in real estate taxes and other operating expenses; adverse changes in governmental rules and fiscal policies; adverse changes in zoning laws; declines in the value of real estate; the downturn in the subprime mortgage lending market and the real estate markets in the United States; and other factors beyond the control of the issuer of the security.
Please see the Trust prospectus for more complete risk information.
Unit Investment Trusts are fixed, not actively managed and should be considered as part of a long-term strategy. Investors should consider their ability to invest in successive portfolios, if available, at the applicable sales charge. UITs are subject to annual fund operating expenses in addition to the sales charge. Investors should consult an attorney or tax advisor regarding tax consequences associated with an investment from one series to the next, if available, and with the purchase or sale of units. Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC does not offer tax advice.
Read a prospectus and summary prospectus (if available) carefully before investing. It contains the investment objective, risks charges, expenses and the other information, which should be considered carefully before investing. To obtain a prospectus and summary prospectus (if available) click here or call 800.820.0888.
Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal.
Guggenheim Investments represents the following affiliated investment management businesses of Guggenheim Partners, LLC: Guggenheim Partners Investment Management, LLC, Security Investors, LLC, Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC, Guggenheim Funds Investment Advisors, LLC, Guggenheim Corporate Funding, LLC, Guggenheim Partners Europe Limited, GS GAMMA Advisors, LLC, and Guggenheim Partners India Management. Securities offered through Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC.
© 2020 Guggenheim Investments. All Rights Reserved.
Research our firm with FINRA Broker Check.
• Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • May Lose Value
This website is directed to and intended for use by citizens or residents of the United States of America only. The material provided on this website is not intended as a recommendation or as investment advice of any kind, including in connection with rollovers, transfers, and distributions. Such material is not provided in a fiduciary capacity, may not be relied upon for or in connection with the making of investment decisions, and does not constitute a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell securities. All content has been provided for informational or educational purposes only and is not intended to be and should not be construed as legal or tax advice and/or a legal opinion. Always consult a financial, tax and/or legal professional regarding your specific situation. Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal.