The Large-Cap Core Portfolio, Series 21 ("Trust") seeks to maximize total return by investing in U.S.-listed stocks of large-capitalization companies.
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Investment returns and principal value will fluctuate with changes in market conditions. Investors' units, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost.
This information does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of any offer to buy: nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state where the offer, solicitation, or sale is not permitted.
Principal Investment Strategy
Under normal circumstances, the Trust invests at least 80% of the value of its assets in U.S.-listed stocks of large-capitalization companies. The Trust includes stocks from all sectors of the U.S. economy. The U.S.-listed common stocks held by the Trust may include the common stocks of U.S. and non-U.S. companies. The Sponsor selects stocks that it believes have the potential to achieve the Trust’s investment objective.
The Sponsor selects U.S.-listed companies that it believes should be core holdings of a well-diversified U.S.-listed large-cap portfolio. To select the portfolio the Sponsor follows a disciplined process which includes both quantitative screening and qualitative analysis. The Sponsor begins with the companies that are designated as large-capitalization by Russell investments. The Sponsor then reduces the 200 companies to 51 by performing qualitative analysis, which may be primarily based on, but not limited to, the following factors:
• Balance Sheet. The Sponsor favors companies that possess overall financial strength and exhibit balance sheet improvements relative to their peers and the marketplace;
• Industry Leadership. The Sponsor favors companies that possess a strong competitive position among their domestic and global peers;
• Valuation. The Sponsor favors companies whose valuations appear to be attractive based on measures such as price-to-earnings, price-to-book and price-to-cash flow;
• Growth. The Sponsor favors companies with a history of (and prospects for) above average growth of revenues, earnings and dividends (if applicable);
• Profitability. The Sponsor favors companies with a history of (and prospects for) consistent and high profitability as measured by return-on-assets, return-on-equity, gross margin and net margin.
INDEX DEFINITIONS: Russell 3000® Index (“Index”) measures the performance of the largest 3000 U.S. companies representing approximately 98% of the investable equity market. The Index is unmanaged and it is not possible to invest directly in the Index. The Trust will not try to replicate the performance of the Russell 3000® Index and will not necessarily invest any substantial portion of its assets in securities in the Index. There is no guarantee that the perceived intrinsic value of a security will be realized.
Risks and Other Considerations
As with all investments, you may lose some or all of your investment in the Trust. No assurance can be given that the Trust’s investment objective will be achieved. The Trust also might not perform as well as you expect. This can happen for reasons such as these:
• Securities prices can be volatile. The value of your investment may fall over time. Market value fluctuates in response to various factors. These can include stock market movements, purchases or sales of securities by the Trust, government policies, litigation, and changes in interest rates, inflation, the financial condition of the securities’ issuer or even perceptions of the issuer. Units of the Trust are not deposits of any bank and are not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency.
• Share prices or dividend rates on the securities in the Trust may decline during the life of the Trust. There is no guarantee that share prices of the securities in the Trust will not decline and that the issuers of the securities will declare dividends in the future and, if declared, whether they will remain at current levels or increase over time.
• Inflation may lead to a decrease in the value of assets or income from investments.
• The Sponsor does not actively manage the portfolio. The Trust will generally hold, and may, when creating additional units, continue to buy, the same securities even though a security’s outlook, market value or yield may have changed.
See “Risk Factors” in Part B of the prospectus and “Investment Risks” in Part A of the prospectus for additional information.
Please see the Trust prospectus for more complete risk information.
Unit Investment Trusts are fixed, not actively managed and should be considered as part of a long-term strategy. Investors should consider their ability to invest in successive portfolios, if available, at the applicable sales charge. UITs are subject to annual fund operating expenses in addition to the sales charge. Investors should consult an attorney or tax advisor regarding tax consequences associated with an investment from one series to the next, if available, and with the purchase or sale of units. Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC does not offer tax advice.
Read a prospectus and summary prospectus (if available) carefully before investing. It contains the investment objective, risks charges, expenses and the other information, which should be considered carefully before investing. To obtain a prospectus and summary prospectus (if available) click here or call 800.820.0888.
Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal.
Guggenheim Investments represents the following affiliated investment management businesses of Guggenheim Partners, LLC: Guggenheim Partners Investment Management, LLC, Security Investors, LLC, Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC, Guggenheim Funds Investment Advisors, LLC, Guggenheim Partners Advisors, LLC, Guggenheim Corporate Funding, LLC, Guggenheim Partners Europe Limited, Guggenheim Partners Fund Management (Europe) Limited, Guggenheim Partners Japan Limited, GS GAMMA Advisors, LLC, and Guggenheim Partners India Management. Securities offered through Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC.
© 2022 Guggenheim Investments. All Rights Reserved.
Research our firm with FINRA Broker Check.
• Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • May Lose Value
This website is directed to and intended for use by citizens or residents of the United States of America only. The material provided on this website is not intended as a recommendation or as investment advice of any kind, including in connection with rollovers, transfers, and distributions. Such material is not provided in a fiduciary capacity, may not be relied upon for or in connection with the making of investment decisions, and does not constitute a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell securities. All content has been provided for informational or educational purposes only and is not intended to be and should not be construed as legal or tax advice and/or a legal opinion. Always consult a financial, tax and/or legal professional regarding your specific situation. Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal.