The Multinational Titans Portfolio, Series 17 ("Trust") seeks to maximize total return through capital appreciation.
|Wrap Fee Price||N/A|
|Remaining Deferred Sales Charge||$0.0000|
|Mandatory Maturity Date||8/9/2021|
|Inception Unit Price||$10.0000|
|Inception Liquidation Price||$9.7750|
|Deferred Sales Charge Dates||
|Number of Holdings||43|
|Rate Fee Based||-|
* The Historical Annual Dividend Distribution (HADD) per unit is as of the day prior to trust deposit and subject to change. The HADD per unit is the weighted average of the trailing twelve-month distributions paid by the securities included in the portfolio. The HADD rate is based on the HADD divided by the current offer price and recalculated daily. Both the HADD per unit and the rate shown are reduced to account for the effects of fees and expenses, which will be incurred when investing in the Trust. The HADD per unit and rate will vary due to certain factors that may include, but are not limited to, a change in the dividends paid by issuers, a change in Trust expenses or the sale or maturity of securities in the portfolio. There is no guarantee the issuers of the securities included in the Trust will declare dividends or distributions in the future. The HADD of the securities included in the Trust is for illustrative purposes only and is not indicative of the Trust’s distribution. Due to the negative economic impact across many industries caused by the recent COVID-19 outbreak, certain issuers of the securities included in the trust may elect to reduce the amount of, or cancel entirely, dividends and/or distributions paid in the future. As a result, the HADD figure will likely be higher, and in some cases significantly higher, than the actual distribution rate achieved by the trust.
All data is subject to change daily. Data may differ from the prospectus due to different data sources or market changes. Please refer to prospectus for additional information about the trust including the portfolio section criteria. Source: FactSet Research Systems Inc. unless otherwise noted. The total percentages may not be equal to 100% due to rounding. N/A indicates that certain securities have not been identified and/or classified by the data provider. A unit is a combination of securities or types of securities traded together.
|Weighted Average Price/Earnings (P/E) Ratio||31.50|
|Weighted Average Price/Book (P/B) Ratio||12.62|
|Weighted Average Market Cap (MM)||$86,680.07|
|US Common Stock||98.29%|
|Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment||27.33%|
|Technology Hardware Storage & Peripherals||5.11%|
|Aerospace & Defense||1.05%|
|Containers & Packaging||3.10%|
|Hotels Restaurants & Leisure||1.69%|
|Textiles Apparel & Luxury Goods||2.60%|
|Health Care Equipment & Supplies||2.20%|
|Life Sciences Tools & Services||3.13%|
|Equity Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)||1.70%|
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Investment returns and principal value will fluctuate with changes in market conditions. Investors' units, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost.
Principal Investment Strategy
The Trust will invest in a portfolio of common stocks of multinational companies that do business in multiple countries around the world. The companies selected for the portfolio derive a growing portion of their revenue from emerging market countries and may provide investors with a way to gain exposure to this potential growth without investing directly in the local foreign markets. The U.S.-listed common stocks held by the Trust may include the common stocks of U.S. and non-U.S. companies, certain of which may be issued by small-capitalization and mid-capitalization companies. As a result of this strategy, the Trust is concentrated in the information technology sector and invests significantly in the industrials sector.
The Trust invests in companies that are “business titans,” which are companies that are recognized leaders in their particular industries. The Sponsor has selected securities for the portfolio that have the potential to achieve the Trust’s investment objective. The Sponsor has entered into a research partnership with FactSet Research Systems Inc. (“FactSet”). FactSet starts with the securities in the S&P 500® Index and has identified a universe of approximately 100 stocks with multinational profiles that derive a large portion of their revenues from emerging market countries. Such companies have a strong business presence in foreign and emerging market countries but may not be incorporated or headquartered in foreign or emerging market countries. FactSet uses FactSet GeoRev, a proprietary database, to identify these companies. The Sponsor then selects a final portfolio based on, but not limited to, the following factors:
• Profitability & Profit Growth. Profitable firms and those with consistent earnings per share growth over the last one to four years.
• Revenue Growth. Growing sales over the last one to four years.
• Growth in Operating Margins.
• Earnings Yield. Favor securities with a higher earnings yield.
• Return on Equity. Positive and growing ROE over the last one to four years.
• Gross Dividend Growth. Companies that have increased dividends over the last three years.
• Share Price Trends & Volatility. Focus on strong returns relative to the initial universe and avoid stocks with abnormally high volatility.
FactSet Research Systems Inc.
FactSet Research Systems Inc. (NYSE: FDS | NASDAQ: FDS) combines integrated financial information, analytical applications, and client service to enhance the workflow and productivity of the global investment community. FactSet, headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut, was formed in 1978 and now conducts operations along with its affiliates from more than 28 locations worldwide, including Boston, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Paris, Milan, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Dubai, Manila, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Sydney.
INDEX DEFINITIONS: The S&P 500 Index (“Index”) is a capitalization-weighted index of 500 stocks. The Index is designed to measure performance of the broad domestic economy through changes in the aggregate market value of 500 stocks representing all major industries. The Trust will not try to replicate the performance of the Index and will not necessarily invest any substantial portion of its assets in securities in the Index. Indices are unmanaged and it is not possible to invest directly in the indices.
Risks and Other Considerations
As with all investments, you may lose some or all of your investment in the Trust. No assurance can be given that the Trust’s investment objective will be achieved. The Trust also might not perform as well as you expect. This can happen for reasons such as these:
• Securities prices can be volatile. The value of your investment may fall over time. Market value fluctuates in response to various factors. These can include stock market movements, purchases or sales of securities by the Trust, government policies, litigation, and changes in interest rates, inflation, the financial condition of the securities’ issuer or even perceptions of the issuer. Units of the Trust are not deposits of any bank and are not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency.
• The Trust is concentrated in the information technology sector. As a result, the factors that impact the information technology sector will likely have a greater effect on this Trust than on a more broadly diversified Trust. Companies involved in this sector must contend with rapid changes in technology, intense competition, government regulation and the rapid obsolescence of products and services. Furthermore, sector predictions may not materialize and the companies selected for the Trust may not represent the entire sector and may not participate in the overall sector growth.
• The Trust invests significantly in the industrials sector. As a result, the factors that impact the industrials sector will likely have a greater effect on this Trust than on a more broadly diversified Trust. Adverse developments in this sector may significantly affect the value of your units. Companies involved in the industrials sector must contend with the state of the economy, intense competitors, domestic and international politics, excess capacity and spending trends.
• The Trust invests in U.S.-listed foreign securities and in companies that do significant business in foreign countries. Securities of foreign issuers present risks beyond those of domestic securities. The Trust’s investment in companies that do significant business in foreign countries presents additional risk. Securities of such companies are subject to the risk that foreign countries may be more volatile than the United States due to such factors as adverse economic, currency, political, social or regulatory developments in a country, including government seizure of assets, excessive taxation, limitations on the use or transfer of assets, the lack of liquidity or regulatory controls with respect to certain industries or differing legal and/or accounting standards.
• The Trust includes securities issued by companies that do significant business in countries considered to be emerging markets. The performance of the securities included in the Trust may be dependent, in part, on the growth or decline of emerging market countries. Emerging markets are generally defined as countries with low per capita income in the initial stages of their industrialization cycles. Risks of investing in companies that do significant business in developing or emerging countries include, among other concerns, political uncertainties and dependence on international trade and development assistance. Companies that do significant business in emerging market countries may be exposed to greater volatility and market risk. In addition, the economies of emerging market countries may be extremely volatile and subject to increased risks.
• The Trust invests in securities issued by mid-capitalization companies. These securities customarily involve more investment risk than securities of large-capitalization companies. Mid-capitalization companies may have limited product lines, markets or financial resources and may be more vulnerable to adverse general market or economic developments.
• Share prices or dividend rates on the securities in the Trust may decline during the life of the Trust. There is no guarantee that share prices of the securities in the Trust will not decline and that the issuers of the securities will declare dividends in the future and, if declared, whether they will remain at current levels or increase over time.
• Inflation may lead to a decrease in the value of assets or income from investments.
• The Sponsor does not actively manage the portfolio. The Trust will generally hold, and may, when creating additional units, continue to buy, the same securities even though a security’s outlook, market value or yield may have changed.
See “Investment Risks” in Part A of the prospectus and “Risk Factors” in Part B of the prospectus for additional information.
Please see the Trust prospectus for more complete risk information.
Unit Investment Trusts are fixed, not actively managed and should be considered as part of a long-term strategy. Investors should consider their ability to invest in successive portfolios, if available, at the applicable sales charge. UITs are subject to annual fund operating expenses in addition to the sales charge. Investors should consult an attorney or tax advisor regarding tax consequences associated with an investment from one series to the next, if available, and with the purchase or sale of units. Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC does not offer tax advice.
Read a prospectus and summary prospectus (if available) carefully before investing. It contains the investment objective, risks charges, expenses and the other information, which should be considered carefully before investing. To obtain a prospectus and summary prospectus (if available) click here or call 800.820.0888.
Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal.
Guggenheim Investments represents the following affiliated investment management businesses of Guggenheim Partners, LLC: Guggenheim Partners Investment Management, LLC, Security Investors, LLC, Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC, Guggenheim Funds Investment Advisors, LLC, Guggenheim Corporate Funding, LLC, Guggenheim Partners Europe Limited, GS GAMMA Advisors, LLC, and Guggenheim Partners India Management. Securities offered through Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC.
© 2021 Guggenheim Investments. All Rights Reserved.
Research our firm with FINRA Broker Check.
• Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • May Lose Value
This website is directed to and intended for use by citizens or residents of the United States of America only. The material provided on this website is not intended as a recommendation or as investment advice of any kind, including in connection with rollovers, transfers, and distributions. Such material is not provided in a fiduciary capacity, may not be relied upon for or in connection with the making of investment decisions, and does not constitute a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell securities. All content has been provided for informational or educational purposes only and is not intended to be and should not be construed as legal or tax advice and/or a legal opinion. Always consult a financial, tax and/or legal professional regarding your specific situation. Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal.