In 2020 GPIM became a signatory to the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), the world’s leading framework to guide responsible investment. This milestone reinforces GPIM’s commitment to environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) considerations as an important component of its investment philosophy.
By joining the global network of PRI signatories, GPIM has committed to the following six core Principles where consistent with our fiduciary responsibilities and our obligations to our clients*:
- Incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Work to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
The firm has been a pioneer in transitioning sustainable infrastructure investing into an institutional asset class. Ultimately, becoming a signatory is intended to support the global growth of our Firm, meet the needs of our clients, maintain our corporate culture of responsibility, integrate ESG factors within our investment process, and leverage our experience to advance sustainable development investing globally.
* The six Principles are voluntary and aspirational. GPIM's commitment to the Principles is a work in progress and will provide direction for its responsible investment efforts. GPIM became a signatory in February 2020.
Guggenheim Investments. All rights reserved.
Guggenheim Investments represents the following affiliated investment management businesses of Guggenheim Partners, LLC: Guggenheim Partners Investment Management, LLC, Security Investors, LLC, Guggenheim Funds Distributors, LLC, Guggenheim Funds Investment Advisors, LLC, Guggenheim Corporate Funding, LLC, Guggenheim Partners Europe Limited, Guggenheim Partners Fund Management (Europe) Limited, Guggenheim Partners Japan Limited, GS GAMMA Advisors, LLC, and Guggenheim Partners India Management.